Friday 3 July 2015

Book Review #1


Book Review #1: An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
An Ember in the Ashes is about a slave girl named Laia and a soldier boy, Elias. The Martials are the ruler of the world in An Ember in the Ashes and the scholars are the ones who live in harsh environments under the Martials rule. I shouldn't say too much about the plot, so you guys have to read the book yourself.
I love that the book is really fast paced, it starts with an intense chapter until the last page of the book. The book is also written in dual perspective of Laia and Elias which is great, you will get to witness the lives of both a slave and a soldier. 
Overall, I really enjoyed the book, it is really interesting, fast-paced and also it is really intense.
Hopefully Sabaa Tahir keeps up with the good work. This is definitely one of the best books I have read this year.
I would give this book a 4.5/5

0 comments:

Post a Comment